Mechanical Contractors, Inc. was awarded the honor of being chosen to perform the energy audits in conjunction with the BOMA/Duke Energy Kilowatt Crackdown of the Carolinas. During this program, MCI performed, submitted, and awarded Bissell Companies, Inc. (13) Energy Star Certifications for their participation in the program. An Energy Star Certification project consists of the following primary scopes of work:
- Stakeholder meeting & workflow review
- Facility Benchmarking
- Data gathering, entry and verification within the Energy Star Portfolio Manager of all required data fields. Engineer’s review of documents.
- Facility Walk Through & Engineering Services
- A facility walk through to verify thermal comfort, air quality & ventilation, illumination and mechanical operations are in compliance with required standards.
- Professional engineering service required to certify your facility. Required documentation submittals to the EPA and report generation.