In 1984, MCI was contracted to install 13 Rooftop HVAC units to serve the Stabilus plant in Gastonia, NC. Since that time, MCI has continued to provide Stabilus with HVAC service that includes preventive maintenance, on call service work, emergency service work, as well as HVAC design and installation.
Over the past 29 years, MCI has participated in construction of several additions putting the total number of RTUs to over 50, all of which MCI has installed.
In the fall of 2012, our Service Group was contracted to replace eight of the original units installed in 1984. These units had a manufacturer’s life expectancy of 17 years on average, however with the right maintenance plan in place and the customer dedication to equipment maintenance, we helped extend the life of these units to 28 years.
Project management is the key to replacement work, regardless of size and/or scope. Factors that are crucial to the success of any project include:
- Clear and clearly articulated goals
- Comprehensive, detailed planning
- Carefully planned implementation
- Realistic estimates and schedules
- Early risk analysis and ongoing risk management
- Planning for business process change management
- Proactive issue resolution
- Stakeholder involvement throughout the life cycle
- Defined and consistently executed change management to minimize scope increases
- A competent team
- Commitment to success